Thursday, March 08, 2012

Facebook: Alerts are off while you use another client to chat.

Recently (well VERY recently), Facebook began to display this message, "Alerts are off while you use another client to chat." in my Instant Messenging/Chat sub-window (on facebook).
So what does it mean?
I have several devices connected to facebook and to facebook chat: PCs, smartphone tablets.
I also have configured Pidgin to be used as a Facebook chat client. Pidgin has this very interesting feature called "Bounces", that makes it possible to be alerted when someone connects, disconnects etc. Very useful if you want to catch people that do not stay long on their chat client.
I figured out that pidgin was in cause for that message to happen.
And actually, when I disabled ALL my pidgin connections to facebook's chat, the message "Alerts are off while you use another client to chat." disappeared.
But there is something strange... I did not know there were "alerts" for Facebook chat.
And actually, it seems there are none.
Yet...

No comments: